Harry Potter Filming Locations!
If you are a fan of Harry Potter, this is the perfect trip for you! Many of the filming locations can be found in or around England, so you can take a couple days to explore the world of Harry Potter. Like our beloved JK Rowling said, “Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home”.
– The King’s Cross Station: This is arguably the most famous spot filmed at, located in London, England. You’ll find the hidden access to platform 9 3/4, and be able to disappear!
– The Claremont Square: This is also located in London. It is featured in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and The Deathly Hallows Part 1, known as the house of Sirius Black. When you visit, it will feel like you are going to see Monster at any second.
– Alnwick Castle: It is located in Northumberland, England, and one of the locations used for Hogwarts Castle. This part of the castle is seen on the Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone’ when they are taking their first flying lesson, as well as on Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
– Christ Church: Located in Oxford, England. Here is where you can find Hogwarts Great Hall, and the staircase the students have to climb in order to get to it. There are also other filming locations around Oxford that you can see.
– Durham Cathedral: Located in Durham, England; it is also part of Hogwarts, where Harry sets Hedwig flying in the first movie and also in the scene when Ron’s slug vomits in the second movie.
I don’t know about you, but all of a sudden I just want to watch all of the Harry Potter movies again and visit these places!
Please let us know what you think in the comments below!